How it all started with felt quiet activity books

I've always been into arts and crafts and working with my hands. So I was thrilled to do fun creative activities with our boys, when they were younger.

Speaking of our boys being younger I decided to try to make a felt quiet activity book for them to use while on a plane across the country. Turns out it was a success! It was also a lot of fun to make. In fact not only did our boys like them, my friends did as well. So I made a few more! Then I decided to open up an Etsy shop and sell them! I made a lot of custom orders and I had a few themed books available. I have since gotten away from making these particular pieces but I look forward to creating a few new ones soon. 

If you're not familiar with what I am referring to let me share some more info on these wonderful creations.


Camping theme


A handmade quiet activity book made with felt is a soft, tactile and engaging toy designed to provide children with a range of stimulating activities that encourage fine motor skills, creativity and imagination.


Sesame Street


Typically, the book is made up of a series of pages, each of which features a different theme or activity. For example, one page may have a felt puzzle with pieces that can be arranged and rearranged to create different pictures, while another may have an apple tree with apples that snap on. Also felt tends to "stick" to felt so the pieces won't move around so much. 

Animals


The pages are typically made from felt rather than fabric which makes them durable and able to withstand frequent use. The pieces that make up the various activities are also made from soft, colorful felt, which makes them easy to grip and manipulate, even for young children. 



Mickey and Minnie


Other features that may be included could be interactive elements such as zippers, buttons, and Velcro, which help children to practice their fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Some activity books may also include pockets or flaps where children can store small objects or treasures.


Rain forest - available today


Overall, a handmade quiet activity book made with felt is a wonderful, engaging toy that provides children with hours of entertainment and helps to encourage their cognitive, social, and emotional development. 


Garden


So if you're looking for some screen free, soft and durable entertainment for your little ones or little ones you know please stick around for more details on quiet activity books coming soon! 

The rain forest book is available in my shop today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make your own interactive play mats for kids

Play mats for kids

How to make your own quiet activity book